Financial Support for Mesh Injured2019-03-29T17:38:17+11:00

Currently there are no mesh injured specific services, however some of our members have applied for the following with varying degrees of success:

Centrelink – Disability support pension (DSP)

National Social Security Rights Network information / fact sheets

NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)

CAPS (Continence aids payment scheme)

Carer payment

A fortnightly payment for those who give constant care to someone who has a severe disability or illness.

Superannuation – Income Protection

If you have Income protection insurance as part of your superannuation there may be an income you can apply for as a consequence of your mesh injury – please consult your policy and superannuation provider.

Superannuation – Early Release

You may be able to access this in the event of hardship or the need for surgery. Please contact your superannuation provider.

Legal Recourse

Some of our members are involved in the following legal pursuits:

Transvaginal Mesh – Johnson & Johnson/Ethicon Devices

Sliding Menu Vertical

Go to Top